Monday, July 18, 2011

Gotta give myself a break sometimes

Back to the positive mental attitude! Had a revelation this morning. I haven't been weighing myself for the last week because I was disgusted with the scale. I just kept thinking it'd say more than I wanted to see. I have been eating well and exercising so don't know why I was beating myself up so much.
This morning I decided to step on the scale after drinking 32 oz of water and eating breakfast. Guess what? It was only a lb more than what I had gotten down to a week ago. Hello! 32 oz of water is 2 lbs and I had a bowl of cereal to boot. So, I need to just lay off myself. I'm not sure what the answer is. Weighing myself every day means I'm tied to that damn number for the day but when I don't do it, I assume the worst. I know that your attitude and outlook can impact your outcome so I just need to give myself credit for what I've been doing. I'm working out more and eating better than I have for a long time. Go me! Like I said on Wendy's blog, I am going to look at what I've done and even if I don't win a dollar in this competition, consider it the best $50 spent. Don't take that to mean I don't want to win. I'm coming for the money! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment