Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Not feeling it this week

Not to be a downer, but I'm kind of blah this week. I've managed to lose what I gained on vacation (grr) and now feel annoyed that half the month is gone and I've made absolutely no progress because of it.
I'm re-examining my diet and see some areas that need to be tweaked but don't feel like I have too much that I can still change. I was talking to a friend tonight who happens to be a Weight Watchers leader and she said to focus on drinking water, making sure I'm getting 2-3 servings of dairy products and healthy oils as well as 8 servings of fruits/vegetables daily. So, that's what I'm going to do.

My knee has been hurting and I decided to take today off from working out to give it a rest. It freaks me out a little bit because I've never had an injury from exercising. It makes me feel like I'm getting old! Oh wait....I am! I'm starting to think it's my pride that wants me to be a runner and maybe I'm just better off sticking to power walking and running when I feel like it, rather than focus on building some running plan until I lose more weight. Ah, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment