I've been thinking all day about what my long term goals are and what I really want to accomplish with this competition. First, I want to win some money! ;) Just kidding, well...kind of.
First and foremost, I really want to be a role model for my kids. Ok, scratch that! Good or bad, I AM a role model for my kids. I want to give them the best start in life and that includes eating well and exercising. I can't expect them to do it if I'm not. Secondly, I want to feel really good about my body and what it is capable of doing.
So, what am I hoping to accomplish? Here are my main goals:
1. Lose 35-40 lbs by the end of the competition and in order for that to happen, I need to:
a. Continue to write down everything I put into my mouth and stay within my range for the day
b. exercise at least 5 days a week
And what could possibly keep me from meeting those goals, you ask?
1. I have a 21 month old and a 2 month old that I stay home with so I have no time to myself during the day to exercise. I am with a baby 24/7 (is that all one excuse?) lol
2. It's summer and too hot to exercise outside during the day.
3. It takes too long to prepare healthy meals
4. Due to excuse #1, I am so tired! By the end of the day, all the motivation I had earlier in the day to exercise is completely gone.
5. I'm exclusively breastfeeding my 2 month old and am so scared of overdoing it and losing my milk. Also related to that, I get really frustrated because I am NOT one of those women who loses weight from just breastfeeding. My body holds onto those love handles for dear life! With my first baby, I dropped 10 lbs when I stopped breastfeeding him.
So, what can I do to squash these excuses?
1. I have a double jogging stroller, and have been using it to take the babies with me.
2. I can rearrange my schedule to get the kids out of the house early enough to avoid the heat of the day. It also helps break up our mornings.
3. One thing I started doing last week that I'm continuing is making one giant salad and storing it in the fridge. I can eat salad with lunch for more volume and have salad pre-made for dinner to avoid going to higher calorie sides. I've also been throwing extra chicken breasts on the grill when I cook for dinner and eating them for lunches, much less prep time!
4. Either exercise in the morning or force myself to get it done before bed. Our family room in the basement is right next to our workout area so my treadmill and weight bench stare at me the whole time I'm watching tv on my butt.
5. So far, so good. I've been doing awesome with my diet and exercise and haven't had any problems feeding my daughter. I think as long as I don't take it too far, I'll be ok.
So, that's my story! I think I'll revisit this entry often to keep me on track. The one thing I kept realizing as I put this list together is I really have a bunch of lame excuses that I can't say are more important to me than my health! (oh yeah, and seeing my a@@ in a cute pair of jeans). Happy Wednesday!!
Way to get honest and present about where you are and where you want to be. I think that's such an important part of this whole process... I really need to get on the stick and do that as well.
ReplyDeleteI hope that you'll post these lists (especially the goals) where you can see them and refer back to them often. It totally helps me to do it.
Good luck! Hope you're rocking the competition!