I just read a quote that is quickly becoming my mantra:
"Never trade what you really want for what you want right now."
I am on fire! I'm not sure if the scale is going to reflect the heat, but I have been ON! As I said, I really do think those before pics were a wake-up call for me. I have had 4 days of clean eating without a single slip-up. Every time I think I want to eat something I know I shouldn't, I repeat that quote above and it gives me strength. It just totally resonated with me.
Next area to tackle is my exercise. Yes, I had a baby 7 weeks ago....but I'm ready to go. I have been doing 2 miles of fast walking every day for weeks now. I am tempted to start running this week, but had a really sore SI joint for the last part of my pregnancy (where I couldn't walk without being in pain and wasn't able to stand on my right leg to put my pants on!). It has been feeling better, but I think I might need some physical therapy to get it back to 100%. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so will ask about it then.
That brings me to my next thought. My husband and I talked about exercise yesterday. He is a runner. He's 6'3" and built like a runner. He's always done a lot of running. Me.....I have been completely inconsistent and would never consider myself a runner, but I want to be! I think it's the best exercise, you don't need a gym membership and you can just step outside your door to get a good workout. I've done 5Ks, a 10K and a 1/2 marathon (which I power walked most of, so hold the applause). Yesterday my dear husband told me that he thinks my 'problem' is I always look at it as working out instead of just making exercise a part of my life. He's right. I exercise to meet a goal because I hate it. I think I just try to do too much too fast because I want to get to the point where I actually enjoy it. Then I get burned out and think of reasons to get out of it.
So, this time I've decided I am going to become a runner, but at my own pace. I am going to start with the Couch to 5K program and just take my time. No deadlines, just me and a desire to work toward what I really want!
Yay!! Couch to 5k programs are so fun! Congrats on the clean eating... and I LOVE the mantra! :)
ReplyDelete